BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Cost Controller – Nigeria
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job type: Full-time
- As part of the financial team, you will be responsible of both Lucky Stationery & BIC financial elements.
- Maintain up to date standard costs in the system
- Prepare the financial forecasts (P&L, inventories, and Capital Expenditures – 4 times a year)
- Manage monthly closings for manufacturing P&L according to Group standard: variances analysis (Materials, Labor, Overheads, PPV, FX), commentaries, corrective actions follow up
- Responsible for all financial procedures & processes connected with manufacturing including the preparation of cost, as well as their application by all departments
- Analyze the existing information flows for monthly closings, budget and forecasts and implement improvements allowing reducing the time necessary to collect the data thus allowing additional time for information analysis and review with operational teams
- Analyze production & over/under absorption, conduct costs audits. Conduct cost exercises to determine price accuracy of Suppliers
- Compile & maintain the Bill of Materials in JDE (ERP) for all activities in East Africa Manufacturing plant particularly for new products
- Set up WID codes in JDE for new products.
- Manage the Inventory in the Manufacturing plant, reporting and analyzing all variances. This includes preparation of the stock take procedures and variances within all departments
- Standard costing set up, controlling and maintenance
- Various Quarterly Budget preparation and reporting
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Monitor and co-ordinate the cost saving initiatives
- Variance reports and recommendations to manage for processes improvement
- Inventory monitoring and stocks management
- S&OP Meeting + Production planning + forecast review with Clichy planning team
- ERP implementation and maintaining (data management)
- Ensure good practices of stock management, assets management.
- Business Partnering with all department for reporting and alignment with internal control requirements
- Factory internal control to be aligned with Bic standards, prepare action plan, and ensure follow-up
- Factory visit and assessment vs Bic standard
- Participating in MEA projects
- Help and support local plant controller in budgeting, forecasting process and process improvement.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance, ideally in an international company
- FMCG experience is a plus
- Finance manufacturing experience of minimum 1 year is required
- Demonstrable understanding of Standard Costing, Business Processes and Principles
- Advanced Computer Literacy- MS Office tools (particularly Excel), ERP (SAGE, GEODE) and reporting tools (HFM)
- Strong Presentation and Communication Skills
- International mindset & experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online