Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior UI Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking to hire a Senior UI Designer to lead and present our product’s development in a way that is attractive and convenient for users. You will be expected to lead and oversee the company’s entire UI strategy and be responsible for building and implementing a design thinking culture.
- At Mono, we build financial infrastructure that enables reliable and secure access to bank accounts for financial data, and direct bank transfer payments across Africa. Through your experience with creating and executing design solutions, you will be expected to deliver intuitive design interfaces that relate to our brand objectives and has users’ experience with our web application in mind.
- To perform this role effectively, you will work closely with the Growth, Business and Product teams to ensure that you understand, define and create a visual language that is as an extension of the brand at every stage of our business operations. This role tends to be a more strategic, analytical role, so you’ll need to be extremely comfortable with data to easily assess the impact of all UI designs and usability changes.
- If you desire a career that allows you to draw upon observations and improve design standards, be open to the less-than-obvious solutions to problems and are sensitive to how your creations will be integrated and experienced then we would love to partner with you to make this happen. At Mono, we understand how important it is to hire, develop and offer value to members of our team and we can’t wait for you to join us!
- Act as the lead or contributing designer on projects, presenting work across the design, product, and development teams.
- Translating wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with a user-centered design methodology.
- Building functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Contributing to improvements in our creative process and capabilities.
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets.
- Collaborating with other groups like developers and product managers to translate technical/business goals into unique product experiences.
- Mentoring less experienced designers.
You’ll thrive as a Senior UI Designer if you:
- Have 4+ years of related design experience in fast-paced creative environments.
- Convey design ideas via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Have proficiency in producing “pixel perfect” design with Figma.
- Are experienced in creating design systems for enterprise-level experiences.
- Have developed a personal style, with the ability to scale, adapt and iterate fast.
- Possess a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work.
- Have a strong communication and information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Can Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Ability to use motion tools like Principle for Mac or Framer to communicate interaction design and motion
- Experience creating icons and other custom illustrations for experiences
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Yearly offsite
- Free lunch.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read Carefully)
- To apply, click on the Apply link above. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!