IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Internal Audit (IT)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Internal Audit (IT) who will execute assurance and consulting on internal audit projects as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan, including developing internal audit scope for IT and operational engagement, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting results of work performed.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate audit team in planning, executing and reporting audit engagements.
- Supervise work done by other team members, when assigned to lead audits, to ensure they are in line with internal audit methodology.
- Prepare audit work programs for assigned IT and operational audits.
- Conduct assurance and consulting audits of functional areas and processes within HIS.
- Document work done in accordance with internal audit manual and methodology.
- Prepare audit reports to be reviewed by in-charge auditors and audit management.
- Monitor changes to the company’s policies and procedures and assist in documenting and storing such data in the databases maintained by the unit.
- Update and maintain outstanding actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status.
- Conduct formal follow-up audits of management action plans per approved risk-based audit plan.
- Perform IT audits per the risk-based audit plan following standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit established by the IIA.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the in-charge auditors and audit management on the implementation of assigned engagements
- Perform regional audits, spot checks and other special assignment assigned.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (or related) in Sciences, Social Science, or any related discipline.
- CISA, CIA, ACCA, ACA or related professional qualifications preferably in IT.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal auditing, external auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organisation with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in IT auditing is an added advantage.
- Prior telecommunications or telecoms infrastructure exposure is an asset.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts and IT framework and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes.
- Knowledge of fraud schemes and indicators of fraud.
- Familiarity with Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management and secure buy-in for constructive change.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Business Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail.
- Collaboration & Teamwork.
Deadline: 28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV.