Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy and Management Analyst
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Ikoyi
Employment Type: Full-time
- The strategy analyst performs various functions, which primarily involves utilizing data to provide support for strategy formulation, business development, and forecasting. The specific tasks they handle will vary depending on the industry they work in.
- The job description sample shown below presents major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that define the strategy analyst role:
- Provide, communicate, and implement strategy to address competition, changes in customer preference, and improvements in technology and marketing tools
- Formulate new pricing, product, and E-commerce initiatives
- Utilize customer information from CRM data and customer research to understand trends and opportunities
- Leverage on market/customer research, trends, and competitor analysis to drive revenue, increase yield, improve market share, and enhance customer loyalty
- Organize, negotiate, and implement sales and marketing programs
- Structure, negotiate, and implement vendor agreements, distribution relationships and partner agreements
- Undertake market analysis / modeling, portfolio metric reporting, and operational support related to the firm/team’s strategy
- Provide analytical support to all aspects of the deal negotiation process
- Perform financial analysis and modeling
- Responsible for conducting financial planning and analysis of large datasets to assess the clinical, operational, and financial performance of existing fee-for-service and integrated care programs
- Provide further insight into the firms overall strategy by identifying critical questions performing ad-hoc analyses
- Provide operational insights to achieve key performance indicators
- Summarize insights from analysis and clearly communicate analytical findings in a cohesive story; and articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Responsible for building appropriate external and internal client-facing materials
- Identify, communicate, and execute on new opportunities related to the firm’s businesses functions
- Provide leadership to teams and cross-functional teams on the execution of an implementation, work plan, or other strategic initiative.
- A Degree in Business Administration / Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, Economics, or Statistics, or in a related field.
- 4 – 5 years work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge: We seek for people with at least two years hands-on experience in analytics or management consulting.
- They must possess advanced knowledge of data management and SQL for data manipulation. A proven history of implementing and executing business ideas, as well as programming experience (applicants should be able to use Python, R, etc)
- Age: 28 – 30 years.
- Applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate the insights from findings to management and relevant stakeholders.
- They must be intellectually curious individuals with strong creative and imaginative prowess to generate ideas to solve business problems.
- They require strong critical thinking abilities to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources at their disposal
- It is crucial that they can separate relevant information from less vital ones with respect to solving a particular business problem
- They must also have the capacity to analyze data objectively, applying logical thought and proffering solutions, taking a long-term perspective.
Strong Quantitative and Financial Modeling Skills:
- It is important that they can work with large data sets to provide analytical support to all aspects of the business
- The strategy management analyst job also includes performing financial modeling for financial planning purposes, therefore, it is vital that applicants can perform financial modeling to be considered for hiring.
Comfort With Ambiguity:
- Decision-making involves some level of uncertainty, so it is important that applicants are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Applicants should possess advanced excel skills and be proficient in PowerPoint for presentation purposes.
- They must be able to work with cross-functional teams and have the maturity to interact directly with senior executives across departments, as well as provide leadership to teams on the implementation of strategic initiatives.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please read carefully, if you do not meet the requirements do no apply. Professionals in this field only.