Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Manager – Golden Sugar Company Limited
Purpose of the Job
- To maintain and develop sustainability system to meet plant, customer and legal requirements
- Manages GSC’s sustainability development programs and develop the organization’s sustainability matrix
- Ensures business practices are environmentally friendly and in-line with GSC’s sustainability development goals and carbon reduction initiatives
- Help GSC determine and set achievable sustainable development goals
- Monitors and tracks the organization’s carbon footprint and reports periodically on the status
- Interfaces with stakeholders on GSC’s carbon footprint and sustainable development initiatives, generating and updating relevant sustainability data based upon customer request and reporting where necessary
- Work in developing GSC’s Annual Sustainability Report
- Liaise with other unit heads to reduce GSC’s carbon footprint
- Calculates and maintains a record of GSC’s carbon emissions in line with set targets
- Model GSC’s sustainability development goals against global trends/targets for the respective industry the organization identifies with
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of the production process in line with GSC’s sustainability goals
- Manage GSC’s contributions to Environmental causes (Green CSR)
- To support the implementation of agreed environmental and other relevant standards
- To ensure GSC is in compliance with applicable environmental legislation
- To develop partnerships and relationships with relevant organizations on sustainability
- Promote environmental sustainable good practice / awareness in GSC.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Liaise with other departments in ensuring defined environmental parameters are maintained
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situation in future
- Prepare regular performance reports and metrics for sustainability and assist other departments in establishing databases to support sustainability objectives.
- Work with QA and HSE sections and others as appropriate to develop an effective sustainability program and training, including for all employees and managers.
- Verifies that a corrective action report is written and is filed if a non-conformity is found.
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Set Site’s sustainability targets, developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Ensure compliance with QMS /FSMS requirements in the assigned work processes
- B.Sc or HND in Environmental Science course or Engineering (Preferably Environmental Sciences)
- Added advantage: Experience in ISO series and other Management systems, Masters in an Environmental Science
- Minimum requirement: 5 years’ experience with capturing and reporting carbon emissions data on a recognized reporting platform, Good knowledge of local and international sustainability development goals and framework
- Added Advantage: Prior experience reporting on CDP
Professional (Memberships & Certifications)
- Added Advantage: Minimum requirement: Breeam Certification (if any)
The Person Must:
- Show initiative, to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions using methods such as systems thinking
- Have the Ability to negotiate
- Be Able to demonstrate strong leadership and influence
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Have genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and renewable energy sources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.