United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Investor Relations
Job Type: Permanent
- Participate in the formulation of UBA’s investor relations policies, objectives & initiatives.
- Participate in the bank’s drive to attract more investments from identified target groups.
- Contribute to the development of an active relationship with existing and potential investors and external investment analysis (both buy and sell side).
- Manage reporting calendar, including road shows, meetings, results announcements and conference calls.
- Organize meetings with independent shareholder associations in preparation for annual general meetings (AGM).
- Monitor Nigerian and international press for accuracy of reporting IR issues & internal dissemination as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely production of quality annual reports and other internal reports (including monthly departmental reports, quarterly board report, company fact sheet etc.).
- Liaise with UBA Registrars to ensure needs of retail shareholders are being effectively dealt with.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of investor relations materials to existing and potential investors.
- Act as resource within UBA to help guide effective public disclosure consistent with regulatory and best practice guidelines.
- Assist Head, Strategy & Performance Management in shareholder targeting and analysis.
- Work on influencing sell-side coverage towards ensuring more followers and more publishing from followers.
- Maintain an accurate and updated database of analysts, institutional investors and other contact that are critical to IR’s core function.
- Prepare ad hoc press releases as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Head, Strategy & Performance Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any Financial related discipline, preferably also have completed CFA, similar financial markets qualification.
- 8 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Financial markets.
- Accounting & Corporate Finance.
- Financial Institutions Regulations.
- Relationship Management.
- Public Relations.
- Leadership /Supervisory.
- Organization & Coordination.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Communication (oral & written) especially with external audiences.
Deadline: 7th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online