Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Cross River
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will be responsible for accounting at the State level and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the organization.
- S/He will assist in ensuring the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records, work with the State Program Manager to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports, prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into AHNI’s accounting software program.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations. Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Also, s/he will assist the State Lead & Admin. Officers in monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS / BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage. CPA, ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Sound accounting skills.
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with NGOs preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
Application Deadline 18th March, 2022.