The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for a comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment award in the position below:
Job Title: Advisor, ART
Location: Niger / Kwara
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the Adult ART Advisor will provide technical and scientific leadership to all facilities implementing adult ART strategies using clinical tools.
- S/he will provide guidance in HAT service delivery by staying current on evolving clinical and technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in adult ART.
- S/he will be responsible for sharing best practices in adult ART in ACE-supported facilities with relevant departments, agencies and contribute to the knowledge base through authorized participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Supports the Senior Technical Advisor in providing technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation, and capacity building of specific technical components of ACE program
- Identifying and addressing implementation bottlenecks in adult Antiretroviral Treatment (ART) care across health facilities.
- Ensuring strong linkages within the ART program at health facilities e.g., between HIV Counseling Testing Areas and Clinic, Laboratory and Clinic, referral between the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) areas and the Adult Clinic.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components for supporting targeted health facilities in carrying out clinical care activities
- Providing quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in health facilities receive high-quality comprehensive care and treatment according to recommended guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring, and administrative support.
- Provide direct supervision to the facility-based clinical officers in adult ART care
- Deploy techniques in translating knowledge to action in program implementation across health facilities.
- Participate in resource development activities for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities and following the standards and practices
- Working with health facility staff, focal persons, and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including laboratory equipment breakdowns, staffing shortages, training needs, and commodity supply).
- Establishing measures to assess the impact of the ACE program in the community.
- Participating in quality improvement and data analysis.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Medical Degree (MB.BS / MBChB / MD)
- Possession of an MPH is required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive clinical experience in HAT service delivery in PEPFAR funded program
- Proven experience in program management, planning, and facilitating technical training with extensive knowledge and skills for the application of differentiated service delivery.
- Ability to analyze and use site-level granular data to identify gaps, develop remedial action plans to improve services delivery
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand the full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS/TB, including the provision of ART
- Extensive clinical experience in the care of HIV infected adults in resource-poor settings.
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Proficient use of data management and analytic tools.
Deadline: 14th March, 2022 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.
- Please indicate the location from the options in the drop-down on the form.