The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for a comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment award in the position below:
Job Title: Advisor, Pediatric ART / Facility
Location: Niger / Kwara
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the Paediatric ART Advisor will provide technical leadership for implementing strategies to enhance uptake and quality of HIV services for infected and affected children within health facilities and communities.
- S/he will provide guidance in HAT service delivery by staying current on evolving clinical and technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in pediatric ART.S/he will be responsible for sharing best practices in pediatric ART in ACE-supported facilities with relevant departments, agencies and contribute to the knowledge base through authorized participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Supports the Senior Technical Advisor in providing technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation, and capacity building of specific technical components of ACE program
- Identifying and addressing implementation bottlenecks in the paediatric Antiretroviral Treatment (ART) care across health facilities.
- Ensuring strong linkages within the paediatric ART program at health facilities e.g., between PMTCT/EID and OVC care
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components for supporting targeted health facilities in carrying out paediatric clinical care activities
- Providing quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in health facilities receive high-quality comprehensive care and treatment according to recommended guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring, and administrative support.
- Provide direct supervision to the facility-based clinical officers in pediatric ART care
- Deploy techniques in translating knowledge to action in program implementation across health facilities.
- Participate in resource development activities for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities and following the standards and practices
- Working with health facility staff, focal persons, and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including laboratory equipment breakdowns, staffing shortages, training needs, and commodity supply).
- Establishing measures to assess the impact of ACE program in the community.
- Participating in quality improvement and data analysis.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Medical Degree (MB.BS/MBChB/MD)
- Possession of an MPH is required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive clinical experience in HAT service delivery in PEPFAR funded program
- Proven experience in program management, planning, and facilitating technical training with extensive knowledge and skills for the application of differentiated service delivery
- Ability to analyze and use site-level granular data to identify gaps, develop remedial action plans to improve services delivery
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand the full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS/TB, including the provision of ART
- Extensive clinical experience in the care of HIV infected pediatrics in resource-poor settings
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Proficient use of data management and analytic tools.
Deadline: 14th March, 2022 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.
- Please indicate the location from the options in the drop-down on the form.