Bingham University located in Karu, 25 kilometers from the Federal Capital city of Nigeria Abuja, was established in 2005 by the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) as a Conventional University. It is one of the six private universities in the north and the only one established by a Christian organization.
The main purpose of ECWA was to meet the daring need for high-quality Secular Education which recognizes and integrates the moral and spiritual values on which the Christian faith is founded as well as focuses on entrepreneurial studies in order to promote self-reliance among graduates of the University.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Karu, Nasarawa
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Candidates applying for the position of Bursar must possess the following:
- A good honours Degree / Higher National Diploma in Accounting and membership of a professional body such as ICAN / ANAN / ACCA / ACMA.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience in a recognized University or similar institution of higher education, and must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar.
- Sufficient knowledge ofICT is required.
- Publications in acceptable Journal and a Master’s Degree are added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment for the post of Bursar will be for a single term of five years only.
- The conditions of service would be as applicable in the Nigerian University system and as determined by Council from time to time.
- The applicant must not be more than 55 years of age at the time of application.
Deadline: 11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant Credentials) under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar, Bingham University, Karu”, addressed and sent to:
Km 26, Abuja-Keffi Expressway,
P.M.B 005, Karu,
Alternatively, Applications can be sent via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are to request three (3) of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover, to the Registrar, Bingham University Karu.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.