The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for a comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment award in the position below:
Job Title: Care and Treatment Specialist
Location: Niger / Kwara
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment
- The Care and Treatment Specialist will provide support for service delivery and achievement of favorable health outcomes for patients.
- Supports the STA Care&Treatment in the design, implementation and monitoring of the HIV/AIDS care and treatment component of the project
- Support in the achievement of technical and operational deliverables
- Support the provision ofclinical quality assurance for delivery of HAT services across project components
- Engage with project partners to provide clinical guidance on HIV/AIDS/TB case management
- Ensure that HIV prevention and treatment activities are culturally appropriate and are carried out with community involvement, using participatory methods
- Conduct post-training follow-up of the trained service providers to provide onsite individualized mentoring support to reinforce skills learned at the initial training.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision visits to facilities to identify gaps in program focus areas service delivery and to rectify them with the help of staff and health officials at the facility, and state level to improve the quality of care.
- In collaboration with the M&E Specialist, facilitate collection of data at baseline and periodic intervals and help to collate, analyze, and interpret the data collected. Help facility staff make decisions for quality improvement based on the data.
- Keep up to date on clinical approaches and programmatic priorities.
- Provide technical assistance to local partner organizations forHAT service delivery, training, quality of care improvement, and other interventions as defined by the project.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Medical Degree (MB.BS/MBChB/MD) or BSc Nursing
- Possession of MPH is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years progressive clinical experience in HAT service delivery in PEPFAR funded program.
- Good clinical acumen inHIV/AIDS/TB case management with technical experience in HIV prevention, counseling, and testing, and PMTCT
- Familiarity with standard care and treatment guidelines and PEPFAR indicators
- Ability to mentor clinical facility staff on care and treatment approaches.
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Proficient use of data management and analytic tools.
Deadline: 14th March, 2022 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.
- Please indicate the location from the options in the drop-down on the form.