Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Systems and Student Performance Specialist
Job ID: 2022-2430
Locations: Sokoto and Bauchi
Category: ICT for Development
Reporting & Supervision: State Regional Advisor.
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- Support the identification of technology solutions for improving teaching and learning through the Nigeria LEARN project.
- Work with project management and technical advisors to decide on most appropriate technological approaches and how to integrate technology into existing lessons for state and local level implementation.
- Support the adaptation and localization of the English, Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba curriculum into formats suitable for each technology platform.
- Support development of additional content for technology platforms as required.
- Coordinate the piloting of technology platforms at the state and local level.
- Assist in the evaluation of technology platforms and make recommendations on revisions to both the platform and curriculum where appropriate.
- Train facilitators, teachers, government staff and learners on the use of technology as required.
- Prepare ad hoc and periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against set targets.
- Collaborate closely with Nigeria LEARN staff and management in Nigeria and abroad as required.
- Participate in internal administrative and operational meetings, as required.
- Facilitate arrangements for organizing meetings, trainings, and workshops.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Data Systems, Statistics, or related field preferred, Master’s Degree required.
- At least four years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least two years designing and delivering distance learning activities and programs.
- At least one year of supervising experience required if supervising employees.
- International development experience, particularly in education and data systems
- Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with a dynamic, engaging facilitation style.
- Prior experience with supporting civil society-based monitoring of literacy outcomes is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English required.
- Proficiency in Hausa/Igbo/ or Yoruba fluency preferred.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.