British Preparatory School is a co-educational prep for children aged 3 months to 11 years. We provide an education of the highest quality, preparing children for transfer to the best and the most selective secondary schools anywhere in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Elementary / Primary Teacher
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to recruit experienced, committed, intelligent and passionate Class Teacher with strenght in Mathematics and English. He/she will be responsible for building and nurturing pupils from year 1-6
- The preferred candidate must have strong knowledge and passion for teaching Mathematics and ability to impart knowledge with diverse teaching methods.
- He or She must be a leader who must demonstrate good class management and class control.
- You will need a clear understanding of how young children learn, lots of creative ideas and the ability to work closely with parents, teachers and other professionals.
- B.Sc / B.Ed / HND in Statistics / Mathematics / Science / Engineering or any other related discipline.
- Experience: 5-12 years work experience
- The preferred candidate must have strong passion for, as well as evident and strong aptitude in Mathematics, as well as sound knowledge of English language concepts.
- Preferred candidate should have a 2.1 or Upper Credit
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate diverse ways of teaching Mathematics especially in real life ways.
- He must also be versatile in class management and class control.
- A knowledge of Nelson Handwriting will be an added advantage.
- Ability to transfer knowledge in a child friendly and experiential manner is also key.
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification (BEd, NCE, PGCE, PGDE).will be a distinct advantage.
- Professional training on International Curriculum evidenced by a training certificate will be advantageous to candidates applying for this role.
- Must have the the ability to work effectively and communicate clearly with children.
- Must have an extremely good command of both spoken and written English Language.
- A noticeable passion for working with children.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as part of a team.
- A commitment to working collaboratively with parents.
- Must live in Ibadan or willing to relocate.
- Must be patient, expressive, resourceful, responsible artistic, adaptable, humorous, and above all must love and enjoy working with young children.
- A flexible approach to work, as you will be involved in a range of school-related activities such as cooking, art and science projects etc.
- Must be very computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience of working with children in a school setting. experience of English National Curriculum and EYFS curriculum will be an added advantage.
- Ability to carry out assessments, keep records and produce reports and student portfolios.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and self-development.
- Previous experience working in line with published school policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Understanding and Expectations
- Knowledge of information relevant to British Education system such as EYFS, SEN, Safeguarding, Childcare Act 2006.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (parents, carers, families) to encourage partnership working.
- Respect for diversity, as you will be working with students from a range of backgrounds.
- A strong regard for pupil safety and well-being.
- Knowledge of Child Development.
- A willingness to keep up to date with educational policy and training related to your role.
- High level of confidence in the use of technology.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements detailed above before applying for this position. It is strongly advised that you fully update your LinkedIn profile (the work experience and education section must match that on your CV) before submitting your application and also ensure your CV is in PDF format.
- Applications submitted without a complete LinkedIn profile and an attached CV may be disqualified.