Eden Solutions & Resources Limited is a Human Resource Management Organization that provides its clients with excellent, bespoke and cost effective Business Management Solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Department (English Language)
- To lead the department to ensure students at all levels achieve in line with high expectations
- To secure high quality teaching and learning in the subject area
- To be a role model in the professional leadership and management of a subject
- To ensure effective use of resources in the department
- To direct and supervise the work of colleagues in the department to ensure consistency of provision for all.
- To create a stimulating environment built on a creative approach to positive solutions, with the focus on learning and development in all aspects of the work of the department
- To lead the development and implementation of policies and practices in line with School policies
- To take a reflective and evaluative approach to developing the effectiveness of the department, drawn from data and other evidence.
- To ensure that thorough analysis of public and mock examinations and progress checks informs the development of the departmental evaluation To share good practice with other subject leaders to affect whole school improvement through the Heads of Department meetings.
- To take a proactive approach to promoting the value and successes of the department in the school and beyond.
- To keep parents well informed about their child’s achievement in Subject and ensure that all information sent to parents is of a high standard.
- To create a climate which enables other staff to develop and maintain positive attitudes towards the subject and confidence in teaching it.
- To ensure that lessons have clearly communicated learning objectives against which students can measure their progress.
- To lead and develop the team through collective responsibility, shared and consistent aims and expectations.
- To create the culture where colleagues regularly share best practice for the good of all students.
- To motivate and encourage colleagues in their enjoyment and commitment to their role.
- To delegate responsibilities as well as tasks as appropriate.
- To manage relationships positively within the team using the principles of Dignity at Work.
- To support the aims of the school and understand how their team role relates to the school’s aims
- To create a culture where all members of the department regularly advise the subject leader on matters affecting the pupils in their groups.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Not less than 7 years of experience in which 5 years must be in a similar position (HOD English Language)
- Fluency in the English language.
- Team Building and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the different primary subjects.
- Knowledge of general and subject-specific teaching skills and strategies.
- Several years of teaching experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.