Upbeat Recreation Centre was established to fill a gap in the market, establishing a world-class and fun sports and fitness recreation center in Africa for the benefit for all in the community. We are vibrant, encouraging, team-oriented, wholesome and strong with positive attitudes we are babies, school children, young adults, thrill-seekers, parents, and grandparents. Every day, we deliver a unique experience through our Facility, our people and our products to make UPBEAT your number one destination for fun and fitness. We provide excellent quality service in a safe environment. We are energetic, we are fun, innovative, and fit! We touch the lives of everyone as we challenge you to be inspired, be different and be motivated. We challenge you to Up your Fun, Up your Fitness & Up your Life!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop the marketing strategy for UPBEAT and co-ordinate all marketing campaigns.
- Build a strong, vibrant online community and ensure Upbeat Centre’s visibility via all appropriate communication channels.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, policies and tactics by providing the requisite information, market intelligence, data and insight required for the process.
- Cascade the goals, strategies and budgets amongst the team and manage them to deliver on agreed objectives, goals and targets.
- Design and develop marketing campaign materials, brand loyalty schemes, activations, promotions, special occasion packages, adverts etc. to create awareness for the company’s brand and products and increase the brand awareness
- Actively generate and be involved in SEO efforts (keyword, image optimization etc.); write content for online newsletters and promotional emails and organize their distribution through various channels. Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using Google Analytics.
- Conduct peer reviews, market analysis, benchmarking and consumer behaviour analysis to identify new developments, new product or service feature, unidentified client needs and other offerings that can be added to the company’s product and service suite.
- Collaborate with Creative Designer to improve user experience and present creative ideas for content marketing and website updates.
- Write and optimise content for the website and social networking accounts such as Facebook and Twitter etc; track and analyse website traffic flow; provide regular internal reports.
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website/SM pages bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media. Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Plan and oversee execution of all Website, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns. Launch optimized online adverts/campaigns through Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram via social media platforms to increase brand awareness.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders especially media agencies and vendors. Identify opportunities to deepen market penetration and market the brand via other online medium/partners.
- Implement strategies to improve market share and expand UPBEAT’s clientele base. Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure that all payments and receivables are collected as and when due.
- Carry out periodic customer satisfaction survey to obtain feedback from customers and identify service and product improvement opportunities.
- Work with the Sales team to build and develop customer loyalty and retention schemes i.e. following up on birthdays or special occasions (including occasional shout-outs), implementing feedback received etc.
- Continuously review the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Work closely with the HR Team to execute: performance appraisals, employee coaching and counselling, discipline and grievance resolution for the marketing team.
- Represent the UPBEAT brand at product launches and networking events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be conversant with challenges associated with Sports and Gaming.
- Result oriented and aggressive.
- Must be very sociable and have a strong network.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High degree of independence with objectivity and assertiveness.
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff across all levels.
- Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Highly analytical with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- An enquiring mind set consistently seeking innovative ways to deliver without compromising quality.
Competencies & Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the Sports Gaming & Hospitality Business.
- Advertizng industry knowledge
- Marketing Communications Management experience
- Exceptional Negotiation & Relationship Management Skills
- Networking & Influencing Skills
- Hands-on General Management Knowledge
- Basic Finance Appreciation
- Exceptional Communication & Presentation Skills
- Business and Report Writing Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- A passion for excellence.
Deadline: 19th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV in PDF format to: Careers@upbeatcentre.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.