Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Cost Controller
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job and Responsibilitity
- Assist the Financial Controller/Heads of Departments in auditing & identifying specified costs in order to ensure that the appropriate internal control procedures are in place and followed and that equipment and resources are employed in the most effective manner.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using Opera, and/or computers.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
- Cost controller will be full time employed to look after the stock movements of food and beverage items in the inventory both in store and in operations.
- Supervision and involvement in Spot checks, monthly complete stock taking in all the stores , all the beverage outlets month end inventories, menu costing, cost savings initiatives, review and placing orders for general stores, movement of general stores supplies based on occupancy level , month end preparation of journal vouchers , assisting purchase manager in the job and acting on behalf of purchase manager while he/she is on leave, manage the team of storekeeper and receiving staff, account the complimentary checks, officers meals, staff café meals etc are part of duties and responsibilities.
- Education: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting or other related fields.
- Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
- 2 – 5 years work experience.
Deadline: 5th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.