Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Human Resources Officer will provide practical, timely support, advice, and direction to Idmibok International staff on the full life cycle of Human Resource activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, succession planning and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Provides support to other HR officers in their respective areas of work.
- Provides support and guidance management to other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations.
- Participate in stay and exit interviews.
- Supports the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Contact references and perform background checks on prospective employees.
- Ensures Adhoc staff adherence to organization’s procedures and policies.
- Collaborates with departmental leads to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Write and update job descriptions as needed.
- Actively supports New business in the recruitment of consultants for proposal development efforts
- Manages internal and external HR related projects
- Extend offer letters and support succession planning, promotions, and transfers; sends out offer letters to document staffing movements.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Assist in creating learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, mediation, and investigations. Escalate employee relations issues when investigating allegations of wrongdoing or termination arise.
- Ensure that department records, organizational chart and directory are maintained properly.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and rolling out the performance evaluation program.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years’ human resource management experience.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years’ human resource management experience.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Must be proactive and strategic in approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interest in cultural humility and leadership
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Fluency in English required
Deadline: 17th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.