The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Observer
Locations: Osun and Ekiti
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) here by invites registered Civil Society Organization (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) and other interested Stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the Ekiti and Osun States Governorship elections scheduled to hold on 18th June, 2022 (Ekiti State) and 16th July, 2022 (Osun State). This is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission as completion of the prescribed application form (EC 14A (1)) remains the only acceptable means of applying.
- Interested Observer groups should complete the application from (EC 14A (1)) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation to assist in the assessment of the application).
- Observer Groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal Status, Federal Inland Revenue Service (Medium Tax Office) Registration Certificate as well as evidence of registration with Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the application online
- Observer groups who desire to observe the two Elections shall indicate accordingly while completing the application form.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation of Successful Observer Groups
- Each Successful groups would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of Observers Forms (EC 14A (II)). Including photographs of field Observers.
- The schedule of field Observers with their passport photographs uploaded and arranged on local Government basis on form (EC14A (II)) shall also be submitted in a USB Flash Drive to facilitate the production of identification accreditation tags for Observers.
- All successful Observer Groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation credentials.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Principles of Observation Observer groups should note that the core principles of election Observation as contained in relevant UN, AU and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2018), which includes impartiality, objectivity and non-partisanship should quide conduct of observers during the Elections observations
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on Covid-19 as issued by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 including face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitizers, as well maintain social distancing by all their members that will operate in the field on Election Day.
- Details of Covid-19 Protocols as it relates to election are available at NCDC website. Please be guided accordingly.
Deadline: 11th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should:
Click here to apply online