Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Legal Officer will provide operational legal support to the group’s businesses across multiple jurisdictions, advising on commercial transactions, vendor and supplier contracts, and corporate legal matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial legal agreements for the Company inclusive of service agreements, sales agreements, service level agreements as may be required.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal agreements for the Company’s vendor and supplier transactions including purchase agreements, third party service agreements, interconnection agreements, professional service agreements, etc.
- Provide legal advice on corporate and commercial legal matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Manage and liaise with external solicitors, update litigation and debt recovery database, and provide regular updates.
- Prepare and draft correspondences, letters, and other relevant documents;
- Perform all such other duties as directed by the Supervisor, or Head of Unit.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- LLB / BL (2.1)
- At least 4 years of experience
- LLM is an added advantage
- Thorough understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law;
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses, business plus knowledge of Telecom and/or support for sales clients preferred.
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Good judgment and strong initiative;
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse in-house client groups, senior executives, and customers’ representatives;
- Strong ability to think strategically, creatively, and innovatively;
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines;
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical professionals in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent team working ability.
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- Good research skills.
- Must have experience in the Telecom space
Deadline: 25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: recruitment@alfred-Victoria.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.