Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF Spain is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Locations: Skinkafi & Zumri, Zamfara
Report to: Medical Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: Upon Request Only
Expected Start Date: 20th March 2022
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate actively to any emergency assessment ,explo-action or intervention engaged by NIMERT team in an emergency settings
- Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
- Be a key person in emergency pool, well trained and available
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication that may arise l.
- Carry out the assessment with support of his supervisor by respecting MSF standard guidelines and protocols
- Participate in pre rapid assessment briefing, in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, in writing explo report
- Ensure that emergency pool members are trained in order to optimize the quality of the explo or intervention.
- Detect any need of training among the team and propose to the supervisor;
- Assist to every training or meeting organized for capacity building
- Have knowledge in tropical medicine and medical/humanitarian diseases outbreaks response like Measles,Cholera,Meningitis,Nutrition crisis,IDPs,yellow fever,VHFs,malaria,vaccination campaign
- Ensures vaccination according to age and protocol or vaccination strategy) etc;
- Ensures that all members of emergency pool promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all medical information for beneficiaries.
- Identify and ensure prompt referral of patients if needed and according to the security context during the explo-action or intervention while providing support to other members of emergency pool when needed.
- MBBS Certificate, Desirable certificate in Tropical Medicine and Emergency Response Training (ERT).
- 2 years’ minimum experience as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work.
- Knowledge in tropical medicine and medical/humanitarian outbreaks and good understanding of medical emegerncy response. Post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, pediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Essential-English and Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Power Point).
- People Management
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Result Oriented
- Teamwork, good spirit
- Pro-active, initiative, reactive and anticipative,
Deadline: 14th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Zamfara Indigenes, Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to Apply.
Leave a Reply