Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Job ID: 2022-2425
Category: Program Management
Reporting & Supervision: Reports to the Senior Manager – Operations.
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- The Office Manager will perform a broad range of clerical, secretarial, operations, office management, and reception duties.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for intra-office communication, office building/supply management, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, inventory control maintenance/management, and staff supervision.
- Work with the Senior Operations Manager to:
- Manage expendable/non-expendable inventory, including data entry to SharePoint, oversight of spot checks/verification, and more
- Establish and oversee hardcopy file retention guidelines and office administrative systems
- Book transport and accommodation for STTA/visitors
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Manage logistics, catering, and bookings
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Ensure timely welcome services, store management and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Controls store inventory levels by conducting physical checking and counts.
- Liaise with IT Officer to ensure staff and office IT infrastructure is established and fully functional
- Maintain employee telephone lists, Project Operations Guide, desk/office assignments, and floor map.
- Liaise with building landlord as required for premise management and maintenance
- Order office supplies and inventory as required
- Coordinate travel arrangements, arrange hotel bookings and coordinate car hire pick ups
- Assist staff with mailing projects and provide support as needed
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and allocate drivers to programs for all field activities
- Preparing of duty roaster for car hire drivers
- Collate all used log sheets from car vendor, with invoices and request for payment to process payment for each month
- Manage the monitoring diesel consumption of generators ensure diesel for generator doesn’t go below buffer stock level
- Manage the monitoring and reporting generator preventive and maintenance due hours with a view to alert the service company.
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise drivers about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Senior Manager Operations.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least six years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least four years of years of experience in office management/administration.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff required.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel and Word;
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.