Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Luxury Fashion Brand
- In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the overall production process runs smoothly and efficiently by monitoring production and embellishment processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production process and manage individuals in the production team to ensure efficiency.
- Prepare job cards.
- Assign tasks from the job cards to tailors.
- Carry out fabric tests before production.
- Hand out fabrics and accessories to tailors and beaders.
- Monitor pattern cutting to curtail waste.
- Conduct quality control on in-process and finished garments.
- Ensure that the production process conforms to company standards.
- Monitor team members to achieve the daily production targets.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for seamless operations.
- Analyze production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Ensure that team members abide by workplace safety rules.
- Plan production meetings, production activities, team schedules, machine maintenance schedules and maintain budgets and product quality.
- Research on ways to improve staffing in the production team.
- Follow up with recruitment processes in the production team, assess new hires (tailors, finishers, pattern makers etc) and check if candidates hired have the required skills for the role.
- Stay abreast of the latest fashion trends and product competition.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 5 years plus experience in garment making/ a related role
- A positive attitude to work and be able to motivate a team
- Must be able to multitask
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Effective communication
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- N200,000 – N400,000 monthly.
Deadline: 28th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.