R.A. Trading and Industries Limited is a company that specializes in doors (Canadian, Panel, Flush Doors + Plain and Decorated Security Doors); Card key locks; Hotel Furniture; Dry Wall Partitioning; Suspended Ceilings; Laminated Flooring; Stainless Steel Balustrades & Handrails; all types of Office Furniture; Kitchen Furniture & Accessories; and Ultra-modern Swimming Pools.
As a Furniture Manufacturing; Accessory and Fittings oriented company, we offer a wide range of comprehensive and professional service. We value Efficiency, Probity and Transparency, by aligning and confirming our processes with international standards, to ensure that a reliable and efficient project is built on time and within budget.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professional Carpenter
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
- A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail.
- The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
- The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
Deadline: 29th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.