Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change
- The SBC Officer will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S / he will work closely with the State Coordinator, Social Mobilization Officer (SMO) and other state thematic area program officers to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA-Nigeria spots; inform the national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring reports of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in the state.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content, including archiving of BA supported mass and mid media content.
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state.
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection.
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities related to the community mobilization approaches and MNCH Campaigns in collaboration with the relevant state program officers to ensure alignment as appropriate.
- Provide support to programmatic research and knowledge management processes such as success story documentation, Human Centered Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required.
- Other duties as identified by his/her supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- An HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 5 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio / TV production
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
Deadline: 16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the emaile.g., “Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja”.