African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SAP Solutions Development Architect
Position Number: 50051078
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Position Grade: PL4
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of the Business solution development & program management Division (CHIS 1), the Specialist performs systems configuration, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in SAP Solutions designing, Integrations & Architecture for overall business processes.
- The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations, Solution designs, Process Orchestration designs, develops technical specifications, performs application development and unit testing.
- This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views.
- In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and use documentation, and provides second level technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, CHIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the SAP Solutions Development Architect are to:
- Perform functional requirement analysis, Functional Configurations, Solution integration designs, ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI, UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, API, Microservices, Agile, DevOps, REST & SOAP, Process Orchestration, BPM, BRM, RPA and SAP BTP developments and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces primarily in the areas of SAP CML (Core Banking), SAP Finance, FM-BCS, Trust Funds, Treasury, MM, HCM, ESS and Banks’ Financial Integrations such as ECL (IFRS9), IFRS16 (Nakisa), Concur(Travel postings), SUMMIT.
- Produce technical specifications, integration designs, end to end process designs, business process management designs, and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
- Develop integrated solutions between SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Project management following Agile and DevOps process.
- Development of Proof of Concepts with any new technologies such as SAP or NON-SAP Robotic process automations, SAP BTP Side-by-side Extensibility (SaaS) concepts.
- Provide guidance to the developers / consultants on solutions design, development guidelines, impact analysis and solution integrations.
- Keep abreast of developments within the area of technology advancements in the Financial Technology (FinTech) especially SAP S4HANA, under the guidance of the supervisor. Creates prototypes and proof of concepts as identified to enable decision making.
- In coordination with application development teams, prepare best practices in development and ensure the best practices are followed throughout all developments for different business areas.
- Act as a back-up resource person for any other functional areas in the team as and when required.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the Manager.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related Business fields.
- Certification in SAP developments (ABAP, FIORI/UI5 and PO).
- At least six (6) years with technical development experience in SAP environment with at least five (5) years’ experience in SAP S/4 HANA.
- At least six (6) years with development experience in ABAP/ FIORI UI5/ Web Dynpro/ SAP Portal/ Netweaver Gateway / Workflow/Forms (Scripts, Smart Forms & Adobe forms) / SOA and Web Services (SOAP & REST) etc.
- Experience in UX, web UI Mobile development is an asset.
- Working experience in agile development practices, e.g. Scrum or DevOps.
- Senior level SAP certificates is preferred.
- DevOps and Agile certified is preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps is required.
- Experience in full stack development.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in building SAP UI5 Fiori Based applications.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Deep understanding of SAP products and technologies, across multiple ‘end-to-end’ SAP solution landscapes.
- Functional Knowledge of SAP modules.
- Experience in implementing SAP mobiles solutions.
- Certification in SAP developments (ABAP, FIORI/UI5 and PO).
- Knowledge in other non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
Deadline: 27th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified as international recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.