Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Base Systems Advisor
Job ID: 2022-2429
Category: ICT for Development
Reporting & Supervision: Senior Data Systems Advisor.
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- Work with Senior Data Systems Advisor to identify technology solutions for data management to improve teaching and learning through the project.
- Support development of proposals and cost/benefit analysis of different solutions.
- Coordinate TA capacity for implementation and reporting of the piloting of technology platforms. Develop manuals, materials, and procedures for evaluation of technology platforms; make recommendations on revisions to both the platform and curriculum where appropriate. And, support the technology platform development activities.
- Work with Senior Data Systems Advisor to train facilitators, teachers, government staff, community members and learners on the use of technology.
- Support preparation of progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against set targets. Facilitate arrangements for organizing meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Work with Senior Data Systems Advisor on capacity building, coordination and monitoring support to Data Systems TA staff and consultants in Abuja and in Legacy, Launching, and On-Demand states.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Systems, Statistics, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least six years of general work experience, with at least four years designing technological learning and management solutions in the education sector required, preferably in West Africa/Nigeria.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff required.
- Demonstrated success and experience in delivering cost effective, user-friendly ed tech solutions that support quality learning outcomes, and community engagement.
- Prior experience organizing, implementing, and reporting on education management indicators.
- Prior experience with monitoring and reporting requirements for USAID programs highly desired.
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English highly desired, advanced proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba fluency preferred.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Leave a Reply