Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Senior Program manager will work hand in hand with the senior management team to provide oversight to program implementation and reporting on MCGL-Nigeria program activities including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity of the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project to address major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity through the prevention and mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls (VAW/G) and possible drivers of child early and forced marriage.
- The project’s technical priorities include intimate partner violence and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), early adoption of family planning and building capacity of local partners. It is anticipated that MCGL will support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aim to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes.
- USAID Nigeria is also very interested in building and enhancing the local capacity of new and underutilized partners to stimulate and sustain gender transformative social and behavior change that prevent VAW/G, CEF/M and early pregnancy.
- Thus, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance with USG and Jhpiego regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting state offices in overall program management.
- The Sr Program manager will coordinate with the project team and oversee staff in-country to ensure subawards achieve program goals.
- The Sr. Program manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach and program documentation.
- He/she will serve as the primary point of contact on program management and report to the Project Director.
- Supports senior management in providing management and technical oversight of program, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented.
- Provides management and support to state and country teams to ensure optimum support to business performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and sub award management within established policies and principles of Jhpiego, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor.
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that senior staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals.
- Oversees work plan monitoring systems development and implementation.
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner.
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to senior management, other stakeholders and donors as required.
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors, states and partners about the project.
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to program management and project staff
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope to meet program objectives.
- Ensure timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Jhpiego and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement
- Provide input to manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Jhpiego management.
- Advanced Degree in Gender and Development Studies, Public Health, Health Administration, International Development or a related field
- Strong understanding of social and behavior change, empowerment and gender-based violence prevention frameworks.
- 10+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in GBV program implementation
- 5+ years’ experience managing large, multi-year international sector development projects (approximately $2 mil per year) that have implemented successful activities in areas of gender, human rights, social behavior change studies – emphasis on gender, equity and inclusion.
- Understanding of the Nigerian (or similar) social and political context and developments in the health sector
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and other donors.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID-funded projects, regulations, compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and team-building skills.
Deadline: Thursday, 24th March, 2022 (Close of Business).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Program Manager” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer