Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Job
- Seedstars is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ credit risk model developer. The job provides an exciting mix of challenges, where different areas of knowledge and skills shall be employed: developing advanced statistical models, working with big data, analysing economic behaviour, understanding, and abiding to regulatory constraints and further, to explain complex models to stakeholders on all levels across the company.
- You will join a highly professional and dedicated team with direct impact in the outcome of the company and with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do business – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills, and unique background.
- With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
- Being part of the Risk Team, you will help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take. By bringing your perspectives to the team and through your focus on quality and cooperation, you will be important.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop and maintain LGD and CCF models.
- Develop tools for data extraction for model development and other analysis.
- Continuously work on improving methodological choices for the models and be able to clearly communicate its rationale and impact to internal and external stakeholders.
- Join an open and inspiring atmosphere, where you will cooperate closely with your colleagues across the company.
- Give input to senior management and business based on data analysis and previous experience
In addition, primary tasks of this role (among others) will be:
- Develop and drive implementation of a value-based pricing strategy across all our products
- Prepare various pricing, margin, as well as competition and market pricing analyses
- Define value and positioning of various segments/customers/product types/channels across all our channels, product groups and business models
- Perform root-cause and ad-hoc analyses to understand performance and generate key insights for relevant stakeholder
- Support initiatives optimising operational excellence in price administration and pricing processes
- Be a good communicator and collaborate well with local, regional and global stakeholders
- Deliver great presentation and analysis with tools like PowerPoint, Power BI or similar
- Degree in a quantitative field or Software Development field, including but not limited to Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, SAS or similar.
- Experience working with data and models.
- Knowledge of IRB models.
- Experience driving deliveries, ideally in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of credit risk is an advantage.
- Understanding of technologies and IT solutions used for data processing.
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.