Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Application Support
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Team Lead, Application Support is responsible for managing and overseeing the Application Support team.
- The individual will work to ensure that the company’s business application systems, are developed, maintained, and supported in order to achieve the efficient and effective delivery of services and information.
- The Team Lead, Application Support will be responsible for recommending and creating high-impact systems and processes that help the organisation fulfil its strategy.
- Responsibilities will also include input to project planning and administration, requirements, creating functional specifications, developing and executing test plans and scripts, and streamlining and improving current processes.
- The individual will develop, implement, and modify software and hardware requirements based on changing business requirements.
- Ensure that the Application Support team is trained and is provided with the correct documentation to support the applications in use in the organisation.
- As needed, act as an escalation point for any complex issues or where the ERP Support Officer is unavailable.
- Monitor appropriate dashboards to ensure tickets are being addressed in a timely manner to ensure SLA compliance.
- Represent application support in various ways to IT and Business Leaders.
- Provide status updates to management and team members on their respective projects
- Help determine priority and help resolve Major Incidents.
- Partner with functional and business stakeholders to understand, evaluate, and improve/streamline system processes and services to employees.
- Make recommendations and develop requirements based on system and functional knowledge.
- Ensure that the business application systems supported by the team are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Manage application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
- Define, develop and provide an application problem analysis and resolution service for application problems in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Manage application projects and assist users to run their application projects, providing technical and project management input where required.
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements.
- Analyse user processes and produce data and process flow diagrams as well as reports and recommendations for improvements.
- Manage application suppliers.
- Develop procedures and documentation for application support.
- Develop and maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- System configuration, scripting, and new user administration as required.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post NYSC experience within a professional ICT environment planning, installing, maintaining, and supporting business applications.
- Good general technical knowledge of a variety of applications and how they flow together (Oracle EBS, Sonobis, MySF, Optivision, Radius, Agile, etc.).
- Demonstrate project management skills, ability to develop and maintain detailed project plan, identify dependencies and critical path items and work within budget.
- Significant knowledge of ERP applications (such as Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP, etc.).
- HR/Payroll and or Finance related experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems analysis and information technology principles and experience with reporting and analytic applications from the Technical support perspective (application support, object definitions, end-user support, etc.).
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Basic appreciation of general database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach.
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems in addition to MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Effective organisational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem solving skills.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to listen and understand employee concerns and formulate a decision to resolve the issues.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Laws and other statutory laws.
Candidate’s Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in managing or supporting software/systems.
- Experience with cloud computing and architecting solutions e.g. Azure.
- Experience working with databases e.g. MS SQL.
- Experience working with programming languages e.g. C#, PHP, Python, etc.
- Basic knowledge of organisation development particularly around Change Management.
- Basic experience of, and commitment to, continuous organisational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent.
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Operational Experience: data analytics, Recruitment, Training, Performance management systems, Employee relations, internal consulting, etc.; reporting dashboard – graphic representation and interpretation of information.
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing and liaison with top and senior management, employees and other key stakeholders.
- A sound understanding of applications and data security.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and results-focus.
- Well organised and able to maintain a customer focus.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service mind-set.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Committed to high standards and continuous improvement.
- Ability to move between big picture and detail.
- Superior organisational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality and express high standards of professionalism.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “NGX Recruitment- Team Lead, Application Support.”