Value Edge Management Service Limited – Our Operator client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wellhead Engineer
Locations: Edo & Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Wellhead / Tree Operations Engineer will support the Platform Team with the planning and execution of slot recovery, redrill, and workover of Platform wells.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the refurbishment/repair workscopes of existing stock Surface Wellhead & Tree equipment and tooling through the OEM and sub-vendors facilities.
- Identify required long lead equipment and tooling to support future drilling campaigns. Ensure these are ordered and delivered in a timely manner to meet well schedule requirements.
- Review and management of spares/consumables.
- Ensure adequate inventory of spares are held in stock to support the well work campaign including any potential interventions/tree change-outs.
- Review and provide input into slot recovery, drilling & completion programs to the drilling and completion engineers.
- Ensure slot recovery, drilling & completion programs align with OEM vendor procedures and operational risk assessments.
- Work with internal QA/QC team to ensure all quality requirements have been met during repair/refurbishment workshops and on new build equipment.
- Provide onshore operational support to the offshore team during well execution phase.
- Contract focal point for all operational activities between Company and Wellhead / Tree OEM vendor.
- Assist and provide support to the well integrity team in regard to any surface well integrity issues/risk assessments where appropriate.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Industry recognized academic qualification (Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline) or comparable industrial experience.
- At least 8 years experience.
- Preferable experience of Baker Hughes surface wellhead / CPW (Close Proximity Wells) systems.
- Proven surface/platform experience within the Oil and Gas Industry is preferable.
- Excellent communications skills both internally and externally at all levels and an ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships. Good team player essential.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with various vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams).
Deadline: 30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.