Tecnimont SpA is an EPC contractor of Maire Tecnimont Group, an industrial leader in Engineering & Construction, Technology & Licensing, and Energy Business Development and Ventures. Listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, the Group is among the global top-ranking engineering contractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Mechanical Supervisor – Machinery
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Construction Manager
Job type / Contract: Temporary. 12 Months
Job Summary / Role Description
- He directs Subcontractor activities for Mechanical Construction, ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier’s material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
- He ensures the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
- He directly participates to the HSE activities at site as defined for his position in the Site HSE plan and related procedures
- To check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- To check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
- Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per Site Inspection Plans;
- To prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution;
- To detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- To check Subcontractors’ work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval;
- To manage vendor specialists;
- To assist the Contract Manager/Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analysing and discussing claims.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Suitable University Degree.
- At least Seven (7) year experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas projects/Petrochemical on supervisory level.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English
- Excellent IT and analytical skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online