Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited – We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
We are recruiting dynamic, result-oriented and self-motivated candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook (National / Continental)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Head Chef
- A trained professional cook who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation.
- A head chef, oversees all aspects of the kitchen.
- Will work closely with other cooks, create menu items and determine food inventory needs.
- Prepares and cook foods of all types.
Handle Food Production and Provide the Highest Food Quality:
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel kitchen.
- Assures adherence to standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Oversees all food production related areas
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Seasons food according to recipes or hotel standard and needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Offers a creative menu to attract guests
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with Head Chef and management about how to improve meal service
- Co-ordinates activities, times and communicates priorities to ensure correct preparation, and delivery time to provide food for functions, a la carte, groups, breakfast and rooms service
- Facilitates communication between kitchen production and service staff
- Assures that proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices are followed
- Ensures readiness and compliance in case of last minute changes to reservations
- Ensures that prices and portions are offered in accordance with food and beverage profit objectives.
Health and Safety:
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations, and makes sure that all staff adheres to these
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Develops guest / market oriented menus, and changes menus regularly to reflect local, international, seasonal and national trends
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications with at least 5 years relevant work experience.
Cook Skills and Qualifications:
- Culinary Arts
- Kitchen Equipment Knowledge
- Knowledge of International Cuisines
- Interpersonal Skills
- Culinary Arts Training
- Basic Computational Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Verbal Communication.
Deadline: 26th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.