Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full time
- Provide full financial and management accounting services to the Management, especially, MD/CEO.
- Manage and safeguard the company’s finance and financial resources.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and e.t.c), tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management team, advising them on likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of actions.
- Be prepared to act as a member of project management team as necessary.
Financial / Accounting:
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks’ reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key financial assumptions included in the company’s strategic policies and budgets.
- Prepare annual accounts and report for consideration by Management & the Board.
- Maintain records to meet management, statutory & legal requirements.
- Provide full accounting services to the management including departmental financial analysis and exploring any potential problems with them in order to make appropriate budgetary decisions
- Undertake such other financial analysis and reporting as requested by the management from time to time.
- Prepare and render tax returns (PAYE, VAT, WHT, e.t.c) as and when due.
- Plan and manage company’s tax liabilities.
- Evaluate the tax liability impact of complicated courses of actions, minimize tax burden and deal with tax authorities and other government agencies (Federal & State).
- Advise management & departmental heads on major financial issues as they arise.
- Manage and maintain fixed asses schedule and depreciation schedules.
- Manage and maintain the company’s payroll system.
- Prepare and submit staff monthly pension remittances to the PFAs.
- Manage and maintain the financial accounting systems for the company.
- Coordinate/facilitate annual budget and forecasts sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- A minimum of first Degree in any Management Science / Social Science related discipline, preferably in Accounting, Economics / Finance.
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, CFA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic / similar position in the financial services sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online