The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the Grant’s Chest X-Ray Program and PCR Laboratory in the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Duration of Contract: 19 Months (June 2022 to December 2023)
Department: Permanent Secretary Office
Section: Disease Control/ State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program/Grant Management Unit
Reporting to: Grant Management Unit Coordinator
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- The GMU Data Officer will work on the NGA-T-LSMOH Grant together with the State’s TB Program (STBLCP) to support implementation of the TB Control program in the operationalizing of the TB X-Ray Vans and Machines across all GF supported sites to improve TB case notification in the state.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily entry of client’s details on the CAD (Computer aided diagnosis) data management system for the Radiographer.
- Ensure timely and accurate daily entry of project data.
- Ensure accurate and efficient tracking of forms.
- Update daily data stats and registers.
- Ensure neat and accurate filling of data forms including collation of presumptive, those sent for sputum testing and positive TB cases (both bacteriological and clinical).
- Resolve data queries raised with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Print all abnormal x-rays and reports and give to the relevant clinical/monitoring teams (on demand).
- Report any unusual events during the screening period.
- Carry out Data verification and Quality Assurance checks.
- Assist the Principal Recipient (PR – Lagos State TB Control Program) in generating reports to meet reporting deadlines for the Donor (Global Funds).
- Assist with other project related tasks if required.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that is target driven and result orientated.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Health Information Management, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science and other related discipline.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in data management in public health projects
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Google Suite of applications
- Experience working on Databases
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with TB screening or other health screening programs
- Flexibility across a range of field and office related tasks
- Knowledge of TB and HIV Disease Programs will be an added advantage
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Experience in implementing Quality Improvement Interventions in Health Programs
- Experience in Data Governance and Compliance.
Deadline: 12:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by June 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification
- Reference checks
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process
- Fulfilling legal regulations.