The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the Grant’s Chest X-Ray Program and PCR Laboratory in the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Duration of Contract: 19 Months (June 2022 to December 2023)
Terms of Reference: Grant Management Unit (GMU) Medical Laboratory Technician
Department: Permanent Secretary Office
Section: Global Fund Grant Management Unit
Reporting to: PCR Lab Focal Person
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- To provide phlebotomy procedures and contribute to meeting quality laboratory services with adherence to policies and objectives at the LASUTH PCR Laboratory
- Understand and implement laboratory operation policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Collect blood samples for CD4, Hematology, Chemistry, Viral load and Dried Blood spot (DBS) samples for Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and HIV Viral Load.
- Process the blood samples collected for analysis purposes.
- Ensuring that separated samples are well stored prior and after analysis before final disposal.
- Ensuring that collected samples are well registered, recorded, properly authorized, and finally documented.
- Work with the PCR Lab Focal Person in preparing a routine program performance and progress charts for the PCR Lab.
- Assist Medical Lab Scientists on their day-to-day activities as assigned.
- Ensure prompt response to Clients’ requests and Clients’ rights are well protected.
- Actively participate in the monthly coordination meetings of PCR Lab Team.
- Perform other duties as may be required within technical competence.
- Minimum of a Diploma certificate as Medical Laboratory Technician
- Minimum of 1-year relevant laboratory experience
- Registration with Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) with current practicing license
- Experience working in donor-funded programme
- Relevant technical knowledge and practice in laboratory operations
- Ability to use Office applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good awareness of the laboratory roles in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality and efficient service delivery
- Fluency in English Language and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner
- Ability to exercise careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Deadline: 12:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by June 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification
- Reference checks
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process
- Fulfilling legal regulations.