Oxfam Novib is a worldwide organization with colleagues at home and abroad and an extensive international network. We conduct campaigns and campaigns worldwide. You will see us in the newspaper and on TV. In short: the world is your field of work. Together with other Oxfams, partner organisations, the (Dutch) public, companies and governments, we are working on a positive future for as many people as possible.
Sharing your talent with Oxfam Novib means working for a frontrunner in the field of development cooperation. You play a part in major, inspiring changes in the world. And you are part of a professional team that feels connected by the mission. We offer our employees suitable employment conditions as set out in our collective labor agreement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Linking, Learning and Amplifier Officer
Location: Abuja (Oxfam Nigeria with travel in-country and limited travel opportunities to attend international events)
Responds to: The Voice Program Coordinator in Nigeria
- For this role we are especially encouraging applications from people who identify as being part of one or more of the five rightsholder groups Voice stands for.
- Please let us know in your application if this is the case and what reasonable accommodation, we need to make for you to feel included.
The expected results for the position are:
- Linking and learning between and among grantees and other programmes within Hivos and/or Oxfam.
- Well-coordinated and high quality Linking and Learning facilitation by the Linking and Learning facilitation grantee.
- Inclusive and participatory practices.
- Amplification of stories of grantees and Linking and Learning highlights
- The position is based in Oxfam Nigeria with travel in-country and limited travel opportunities to attend international events. The Linking, Learning and Amplifier (LLA) Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote Linking and Learning in all we do; Coordinate Linking and learning with the Linking and Learning facilitators and motivate Voice grantee partners to develop their own linking and learning.
- Support the Voice Programme Coordinator in Nigeria in the assessment and analyses of grantees ’own linking and learning as well as capacity development interests.
- Facilitate selecting, contracting and post-contract grant management of Linking and Learning and capacity development facilitators.
- Support the Voice Programme Coordinator in Nigeria in the assessment and analysis of the Innovate and Learn grant applications, with particular focus on the learning questions and the nature of the innovation.
Managing the Linking and Learning component effectively by:
- Coordinating implementation of Linking & Learning and innovative interventions with the Linking and Learning facilitator (e.g. organising learning events, facilitate constitution of Communities of Practice, support realisation of innovation labs) at country level;
- Furthering the development of a common national approach of linking and learning together with the Linking and Learning facilitator and key stakeholders and align the Monitoring & Evaluation framework.
- Facilitating documentation and communication of lessons learnt and good practices of inclusion, empowerment processes, capacity development support and influencing.
- Facilitating mapping of knowledge gaps and documentation of learning agendas among the rightsholders group(s) and grantee partners.
- Collaborating closely with the roving Monitoring and Evaluation officer around the identification, documentation and amplification of grantee project results and changes, related to Outcome Harvesting and Voices of Change.
- Supporting the analyses, validation, and aggregation of learning.
- Leading the reassessment (process) of the Voice country context analysis.
- Promoting and overseeing the use of Linking and Learning infrastructure for full documentation of the linking and learning processes and sharing lessons learnt.
- Participating and contributing actively to the Voice Linking and Learning Community of Practice.
In close collaboration with the Communications Hub, managing the amplification/ communication component effectively by:
- Identifying and proposing opportunities to amplify the voices of grantees (like (inter)national commemoration days, existing campaigns, use of networks). At national level you will take initiative while at global level it will be in collaboration with the Communications Hub.
- Promoting and applying a hope-based and inclusive narrative
- Promoting and supporting the elaboration of audio-visual materials, blogs, vlogs, and other products.
- Sharing the communication products including Lessons learnt, stories, blogs, research findings) at different and relevant fora / media.
- Managing and advising on the use of Voice branding and communications.
Knowledge, Experiences, and Competencies
- Background in Education, Social Sciences or other relevant sector.
- We are looking for a creative process facilitator, with great listening and writing skills and openness to cocreate the Linking and Learning component together with grantee partners and a Linking and learning facilitating organisation.
- Experience working around social inclusion with rightsholder groups that face discrimination and marginalisation in society is core.
- Experience in designing and facilitating linking and learning activities.
- Knowledge of and being able to apply participatory linking and learning methodologies and inclusive facilitation.
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalisation, influencing, and capacity development.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Well acquainted with social media.
- Organisational facilitation and coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a multicultural environment.
- Comfortable working with all Voice rightsholders groups.
- Ability to document, share and profile lessons learnt and learning processes.
- Excellent written and verbal English and/or French.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online