Evidence Action – Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters. By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Finance & Administration
Employment Status: Full time
Direct reports: Associate manager, Operations and Logistics.
- To provide logistics and program for the south – south zonal office by ensuring effective coordination, planning, monitoring of office operations, logistics, reporting, and provide program support for the zonal office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving goods and ensuring both quality and quantity are observed
- Assisting with all facets of the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Tracing, tracking and expediting the purchase processes to meet set timelines
- Handling organizational and clerical support tasks.
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Maintain relationship with internal staff and external customers to enable support of operational and program activities.
- Assist program managers to compile program and operations data when required.
- Managing inventory and completing inventory documents.
- Provide logistics and administrative support during trainings and meetings
- Preparing payment requests for state government partners and teachers.
- Filing of payment and operations documents
- This position is based at Port Harcourt and may require travels to Cross River States
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in any related field
- 2-3 years’ work experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to liaise well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- International Development experience (Experience working for a non-profit)
Deadline: 26th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only and covers Rivers and Cross River States.
- Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.