TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Relations Officer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
What you’ll get to do:
- Drive and maintain overall narrative and message framework for cohesive and integrated external communications programming via related channels, including media relations materials, corporate website, social media, etc.
- Initiate, create, and deliver earned media programming/stories that drive awareness and engagement linked to TeamApt’s business and brand strategy
- Proactively pitch stories positioning TeamApt and spokespeople as experts on identified topics and key related growth trends.
- Serve as communications subject matter expert with the ability to direct and manage media engagements proactively and reactively.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements through media training as appropriate.
- Serve as a key media contact as appropriate, including during crises.
- Drive media relations efforts to support financial performance reporting and investor/analyst events and activities as needed
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with related industry and financial reporters
- Evaluate and prepare briefing documents related to interviews, external conferences and opportunities
- Leverage digital, social, and paid media to complement and enhance earned media efforts as appropriate.
- Manage external PR or external comms agency partners, including tracking budgets, reporting, and delivery of support to meet business goals.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Digital Communications, Journalism or related discipline required.
- Experience leading corporate communications or a PR agency. Global experience is required.
- Solid ability to build productive relationships and lead the development of communications strategies through interactions with internal and external partners.
- Strong writing & editing skills are a must, with a focus on quality control.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Experience working in a busy press office or PR within the financial services sector with a strong book of press contacts
- Have an understanding of how you can tell a story using data.
- Understand how to quantify and measure the value of PR, and show the rest of the company why it’s important too.
What we can offer you
- Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from different cultural backgrounds across Africa and other regions of the world.
- Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online