The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer, KAL (Kano Accelerated Learning)
Pay Band: 4
Contract Duration: Fixed Term Contract ending September 2023
- The successful post holder will provide administrative and financial support assistance across the full range of programme support functions as required of the Kano Accelerated Learning (KAL) project by ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery, good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Ability to operate in English (both written and spoken) at a demanding business and cultural level (equivalent to CEF level C1 or IELTS 7)
- Relevant undergraduate Degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in project delivery support
- Experience organising and managing events/meetings/workshops with internal stakeholders/external partners
- Experience working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including MS Word and Excel
Role Specific Skills:
- Strong organisational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
- Project management experience
- Experience working with donor funded programmes
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Experience working in FCDO-funded or related projects
- Travel to Programme state office and Local Government Areas (LGAs) where programme is delivered may be required
- Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel may also be required.
Naira 6,154,368 per annum.
Deadline: 24th April, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.