Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Strategist
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Compliance & Risk
- Within the Risk team, as a Risk Strategist you will serve as the internal consultant to various cross functional teams including product, engineering, partnerships and growth on all topics related to risk and card network rules.
- The ideal candidate will use their expertise in risk to advise on new product development, prioritization of market expansion, risk management strategies and establishing internal controls.
- Risk Strategist will develop recommendations that ensure Flutterwave can move rapidly while managing risk in every aspect.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the development of new products and advise on the risk / fraud-related requirements and controls that need to be established to ensure Flutterwave manages product / transaction risk.
- Establish the risk appetite for both individual products and across Flutterwave’s entire portfolio.
- Lead ad hoc risk-related projects end-to-end to support market expansion, new products or risk management.
- Be the internal expert on card network (Visa / Mastercard / Amex / Discover) rules and our acquiring or issuing bank contractual requirements.
- Conduct research, analyze data and put forth recommendations and proposals that drive decisions on product, risk management and partnerships.
- Take ownership of undefined bodies of work and create a structured process that allows Flutterwave to move fast in identifying and executing on opportunities.
- Own the product risk assessment process for rollouts of new products or enhancements.
- Influence risk / compliance product and engineering roadmaps.
Required Competencies and skills to be a waver
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank or related payments technology company.
- Deep understanding of risk and fraud
- Experience analyzing and interpreting card network rules
- Strong project management experience
- Solutions based mindset when working cross functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales and legal to ensure alignment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online