Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Partner Development Manager
Job Number: 1310976
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 50-75 %
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- The Senior Partner Develpement Manager will build relationships with Microsoft partners; differentiates the value of partnering with Microsoft versus competitors. Aligns partners to strategic accounts and identifies market opportunities through industry analysis and intelligence.
- Develops and supports partner business plans, skill growth and industry presence.
- Supports partner readiness through selling strategies, marketing plans, and portfolio optimization.
- Analyzes business metrics to assess performance and identify areas for growth.
Microsoft Business Leader:
- Leads the creation of a long-range strategic vision rooted to the partners impact and potential across segments, and serves larger and more complex partners. Demonstrates a deeper and expert understanding of the partners business and how it can be integrated into the Microsoft landscape and conveys the value of partnering with Microsoft based on the business opportunity and possible competition. Responsible for establishing new market partnerships by working with market makers and making connections to think long-term and make plans for the possibility of larger deals.
- Sells account vision to senior business decision makers at highly sought-after partners by aligning and reinforcing overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner’s business goals. Deepens and accelerates partnership commitments to ensure an increasing of Microsoft’s share of wallet versus the competition. Leads executive roundtables and updates on Microsoft’s cloud and Industry strategies with prep sessions and prepares solid backgrounders for executives. Understands the partners organization and builds stakeholder maps to expand network of key tech stakeholders.
- Identifies and recommends market opportunities to pursue based on understanding of industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Collaborates with internal teams to take advantage of opportunities that are aligned with competitive intelligence and Microsoft’s goals.
- Works to coach the ecosystem to help direct partners’ commercial and marketing business plans, and aligns partner with current industry trends. Drives and accelerates business opportunities to help ensure revenue is coming back into Microsoft.
- Builds, maintains, and owns a trusted-advisor relationship with C-suite leaders of complex partners to achieve strategic alignment and drive growth. Understands and aligns partners’ priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans.
- Leads business-design briefings advising partner leadership on building a high-impact Microsoft Services practice. Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for all managed partners that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation. Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Leads the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business. Influences partner to create a learning culture. Strategically builds solutions for partners that utilizes the right mix of sales and tech trainings and bootcamps to increase the partners’ capabilities. Builds up an intensity within the organization by establishing Centers of Excellence and other related bodies. Leads partner to convert capacity and capability to revenue by setting clear revenue targets and works with partners and/or customers to provide coaching and guidance to convert partners to revenue streams.
Partner Sales and Consumption:
- Coaches and challenges partners to transform their plans and strategies around consumption and key targets. Leads reviews of Partner’s pipeline, top deals, and consumption targets.
- Shapes the thinking of partners on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Works with partners sales leaders on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc.
- Leads campaigns with various functional areas and the partners marketing teams. Designs and creates new offer and incentive structures to the partners and provides perspective when others are drafting Go-to-Market (GTM) packages.
- Oversees planning, campaign tactics, offers, and incentives. Ensures core activities are agreed upon before executing and helps to coordinate resources. Ensures sales targets are clear and that actions and accountabilities are being routinely followed up.
- Ensures partners are investing in the building of world-class teams that are staffed with talent and enabled and incentivized to drive sales.
- Develops go-to-market and co-selling strategies with complex partners that outline activities and expectations to drive Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes and allocates go-to-market resources across accounts. Helps partners understand what a consumption-led business is and how it operates, coaches partners around consumption economics (e.g., leverages reports, analyses, etc.).
- Ensures partner readiness by developing marketing plans to promote customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions). Secures marketing resources (e.g., go-to-market offers) to support partners with developing marketing plans.
- Evaluates managed partner portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in partner accounts Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which partners can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns partner needs and interests with market opportunities.
- Ensures results on partner’s behalf through resolution of complex and urgent escalations. Leads the orchestration of response to the partner to ensure timely action and resolution from internal teams. Advocates to and guides other groups in prioritizing partners’ solutions and issues. Champions internal processes that benefit partners and brings insights into the organization around what the partner experience looks like.
Required / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND;
- 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.