Baobab Microfinance Bank is the leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services.Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over a million customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SME Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Reporting to Head SME Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect new clients and assist them for loan applications.
- To analyse and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties) and arranges to open a new loan account.
- Prepares and executes loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loan in kind.
- Have good knowledge about guidelines of the regulatory body and be able to prepare loan reports for internal and external use.
- Monitors the loan and follows up on the timely repayment.
- Maintain contact and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ensure full compliance with all in-place Baobab policies & procedures and with audit recommendations.
- SME Loan Officer is responsible for processing loan applications for SME and corporate clients, as well as monitoring the loan portfolio
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years prior experience in the credit department in commercial banks or any financial sector.
- Prior experience in Microfinance banking will be an added advantage
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Problem-solving and decision making.
- Applicants must reside within Lagos.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relations with the client.
- Good presentation skills and excellent courteous attitude; social concern.
- Ability to work in confidentiality; ability to work in the field.
Deadline: 25th April, 2022.