The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Academic Registrar
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Office of the Vice President Administration/ University Registrar
Summary of Duties
- The Academic Registrar reports to the University Vice President for Administration/Registrar and is responsible for the maintenance, integrity and verification of the university’s academic records; and those processes, such as course registration, grade distribution and requirement tracking, which produce academic records.
- S/he develops policies and practices for registration management; monitors developments in technological systems to support registration and record-keeping functions; assumes leadership in the development, implementation and supervision of student information systems university-wide.
- S/he provides enrollment information to the academic community and works to foster an informative and welcoming atmosphere for students, faculty and staff. The Academic Registrar is charged with maintaining accurate and up-to-date academic records for all current and previously enrolled students, including international students and providing these records to appropriate parties as required.
- The Academic Registrar directs daily operations of the office to include maintenance of student enrollment records and transcripts, organization of registration procedures, scheduling classes and supervising the preparation of course schedules, evaluating transfer credits, and administering the award of advanced placement credits.
- The Academic Registrar also ensures that course scheduling, enrollment, course registration, approval of transfer credit, processing of semester grades and related concerns, student leave of absences and withdrawals, and approval for graduation all progress in a timely fashion.
- The Academic Registrar assists the Registrar and Dean of Students during orientation, academic advising and end-of-semester evaluations. The Academic Registrar also helps to share academic policies and serves on faculty curriculum committees where appropriate.
- Master’s Degree with ten (10) years of cumulative experience in Higher Education and significant proven knowledge in Educational Records Management and/or Student Information Systems. The successful candidate should have a significant and progressive experience in a college/university office associated with student enrollment, registration, and records; experience using an Integrated Student Information Student, preferably ERP.
- Technical skills, demonstrable understanding of the application of technology in delivering records and registration services.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with policies, regulations, and academic standards, both internal to campus and external (e.g. laws affecting student records).
- Knowledge and experience with international student reporting through SEVIS.
- The capability of working cooperatively with academic departments and student services area; Communication/Professionalism, a positive attitude and the ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Creative thinker with proven analytical, management, and organization skills.
- Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References as a single Word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only candidates that fill out the application form and submit their resumes, cover letters and references as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org will be CONSIDERED!
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce.
- We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status.
- For more information on AUN, explore www.aun.edu.ng
Leave a Reply