Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria and Africa for over 27 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Location: Abuja (FCT) covering Adamawa, Bauchi and Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
- The COP will be the principal point of contact between the Activity and USAID and would adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Nigeria technical and managerial direction.
- The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all award management and implementation.
- The COP’s primary aim is to provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire activity.
- The COP must be highly analytical and a strategic thinker who ensures an integrated vision among different components and actors and focuses on achieving the results defined in the award.
- S/he will be expected to identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner, with recommendations for appropriate adjustments that are subsequently implemented.
- The COP must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, GON counterparts, other national and international stakeholders, and local organizations.
The expected results of the project are as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations are delivered
Specific Job Responsibilities
- The COP will ensure high levels of program quality and work in close collaboration with other key project staff for effective program integration and implementation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant USAID guidelines and program quality standards for Integrated HIV and OVC programming for the Project consortia and sub-recipients.
- The COP will oversee periodic programmatic and technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party, provide programmatic guidance and technical oversight to partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
Management and Administration:
- The COP will guide the annual planning and budgeting exercise and track expenditure as well as review performance periodically.
- Review annual and quarterly partner budgets and discuss recommendations with the Management team.
- The COP periodically review progress, integration with other USG-funded partners, and achievements of the project to identify bottlenecks and recommend appropriate actions to ensure the ICHSSA 4 activity meets its target.
- Support the sub-granting process and ensure that sub-granting is carried out in compliance with USAID and PHI guidelines.
- in collaboration with Human Resources Department and PHI’s country program management, suportrecruitment for the ICHSSA 4 project;, andprofessional development of supervisees, providing timely, respectful feedback;
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with PHI’s performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork;
- With program staff, lead the identification of performance gaps and training needs of PHI and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training, technical assistance, and administrative and financial support to all partner agencies.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, strengthen linkages with existing and potential partner agencies.
- Represent PHI at all relevant technical working groups, sectoral meetings and coordination forums.
- Ensure the program’s compliance with the USAID branding and marketing requirements, as well as PHI’s marketing and communication procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Direct reports, consortium member offices, Executive Director
- External: USAID, other donor agencies, SMWASD, other line ministries, and partners
Qualifications and Skills
- MBBS, Master’s Degree in Public Health is required,
- Eight (8) years of experience in senior program management implementing internationalDevelopment activities in Africa, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/Health
- Experience managing a USAID grant is desirable.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Strong experience with monitoring and evaluation and financial compliance.
- Demonstrated capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local partners.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Deadline: 10th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV as one document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity: Pro-Health International is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.