OJ Santos Pig Farm is an integrated farm. It is a livestock farm with predominately pig rearing. However, there is other livestock on the farm – poultry, and ruminants. The farm is in Ilaro Ogun State about a 1-hour drive from Lagos. Environs include Ifo and Sango Ota. It is also close to Sagamu and Abeokuta.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Ilaro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervise all farm activity
- Ensure implementation of farm policy and procedures
- Fill and keep all farm records
- Treat animals when sick
- Deworm animals according to schedule
- Enforce biosecurity procedures
- Monitor and follow up on every aspect of animal productivity
- Increase animal productivity and efficiency
- Check for animals’ heat
- Cross animals on heat
- Monitor animal health and behavior
- Promote animal wellbeing and comfort
- Work to determine treatment of sick/injured animals
- Use company treatment schedule
- Ensure feed is preserved
- Supervise mixing of feed
- Supervise Junior workers
- Recruit junior worker
- Manage Junior staff / Farmworker
- Assist Farmworker in all aspects of their work
- Check all animals 5 times daily and report any concerns
- Ensure all animals are effectively fed and given clean drinking water
- Interact on a daily basis with the animals to ensure animal well-being
- Prepare, review, and complete reports
- Communicate farm situation with business head in the morning and evening daily after rounds
- Administer and participate in the company safety program
- Monitor ventilation and water availability in all pens and animal shelter
- Stay up-to-date on innovations and research within the industry
- Update business head with the progress of the farm daily
- Send pictures/video records of incidents to business head
- Be available to do video /conference meeting
- Be available to face to face meetings
- Communicate by WhatsApp for more effective communication with a business head
- Perform all reasonable requests from the business head.
- Education: Would be required to have at least OND in Agric-related subject.
- Experience in farming and animal [pig rearing] is essential.
- Salary: N50,000 Monthly.
- The manager will be required to stay on the farm. There is suitable accommodation and a good standard of the living facility on the farm.
- You are entitled to 2 weekends off every month.
Deadline: 20th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Candidates should please specify the position they are applying for in the Cover Letter.
- Application after the deadline may not be considered.