Green Hills Agric Products Limited (“Green Hills”) is a Joint Venture between Saroafrica Group and Mohinani Group. This synergistic company brings to fore their joint capabilities to specialize in – plantation management, out growers management, chemicals & polymers, and farmer support to name a few for Extra Neutral Alcohol ( ENA) production from an owned cassava plantation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
Business Planning and Financial Strategy:
- Financial Controller is responsible for the assessment of the Project’s performance against both the annual budget (in line with the levers of control) and the Project’s approved Plan
- The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that all foreign currency payments are made in accordance with contracted terms and budgeted exchange rates.
- Responsible for periodic Macro-Economic Analysis to help review the Project’s strategic assumptions and advice on redress measures where necessary
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Project Team and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the Project’s operations and business plans.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts and coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Adherence to all approved guidelines and policies in daily operations
- Ensure that the project is executed within the approved project costs, mange all loan interface with the banks and plan the project cashflows
Financial Control and Risk Management:
- Identify risks and possible bottlenecks in the Project Operations and report on possible impact on all aspects of operation
- Develop and Propose clear Financial Policies and Guidelines that will guide all financial activities of the Project
- Ensure there is strict adherence to all procedures and policies in daily activities.
- Manage open positions arising from foreign currency transactions and ensure that limits set are adhered to
Cash Flow Management:
- Manage the Cash Flow Planning Process and report actual cash flow performance. Identify possible funding gaps and advise on funding sources.
- Ensure efficient use of financial resources leading to a shorter cash conversion cycle and high productivity.
- Optimize and Manage banking relationship especially on effective management of the Loan
- Ensure that cash calls where necessary are early made to the Promoters and are received to ensure that the project is not stalled
- Execute appropriate strategies to monitor and control all financial activities that critical to timely completion of the Project
Financial Reporting and General Administration:
- Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties. Provide real-time and reconciled, accurate financial information by 3rd day after month-end. Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Manage any financial interface between Green hills and the Project Promoters and ensure proper accounting records exist to validate transactions and balances
- Keep a proper record of all contributions made by the Promoters (Joint Venture Partners) and present same to the Promoters on demand and on a regular basis
- Coordinate proper filing of tax returns, ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions. Ensure the annual Financial Report is in line with IFRS standards
- Ensure that regular, accurate and detailed financial reports are presented to the Project Team and to the Project Promoters which are free from misstatement, material errors and represent the financial position of the project at the time of reporting
Insurance and Tax Affairs:
- Manage the Project’s Insurance Portfolio well to ensure that all identified insurable risks are duly covered by adequate insurance from reliable & credible Underwriters, premiums are promptly paid and that all insurance claims are promptly settled
- Ensure full compliance with all Federal, State and local government tax regimes and reporting requirements in all geographies where the business has a business presence. Ensure remittances are made on time and filing of returns are achieved within the stipulated time in the tax law
- Manage the interface between the Project and Tax Consultants, Insurance brokers, Tax authorities and other statutory bodies involving the Project’s Finances
- Manage the interface between the SBU and External Auditors, Tax Consultants, Insurance brokers, etc.
- Perform all any other function as may be assigned by the Project Director
- Embody the Project Team leadership Qualities and promotion of Project’s values at all Time.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years work experience.
Deadline: 9th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online