Arnergy is a distributed utility providing energy reliability to SMEs and economic clusters in emerging market with flexible acquisition options including energy Subscription (ES) based on monthly fixed fee, consumer financed Lease to Own (LO) with monthly instalment or a Outright Sales (OS) option. Arnergy is on track to deploy excess of 100 Megawatt installed PV capacity powering more than 35,000 businesses across impact sectors not limited to Healthcare, Education, Hospitality by 2023. If you are excited to be part of the solution to Africa’s energy crisis starting with Nigeria, we are happy to have you on board.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Software Engineering
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As the Head of Software Engineering you’ll be responsible for managing cross functional agile teams through our full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from estimation to delivery as well as having direct report responsibility for the software engineering staff.
- To be successful, you will need to collaborate with our Product Management, Design, Quality Engineering, Technical Architecture, and Systems organizations on everything from roadmap estimation to project execution and delivery.
You’ll focus on:
- Building a high performing and connected workforce that delivers exceptional results
- Working with the software engineering team and leads to plan and track development of all projects through delivery to production
- Collaborating with all teams involved with product engineering management (Design, Product, QA and IT) to improve visibility, processes, and communication mechanisms
- Assuring that security and accessibility continue to be primary goals in construction of any software
- Setting technical standards and SDLC processes
- Delivering Pipeline process for deploying device firmware
- Cultivating a culture of testing and automation throughout the organization
- Drive Quality For Features In Our New Release
- Significantly Improve application build, patching, deployment and rollback process to accelerate time to market
- Use data and feedback from participants and peers to drive continuous optimization of cross functional team structures and software development processes.
- Support position Arnergy as a leading brand in the industry
- Provide technical and career mentoring for the engineering organization
- Do everything else assigned by the Line Manager.
Requirements and Skills
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have:
- A successful track record working as an engineering leader across multiple teams
- 5-8 years of Software engineering experience and minimum of 2 years managing a team
- Experience leading and contributing to software architecture
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems and data
- Experience balancing managing direct reports and making contributions to the software
- Experience providing project visibility to senior management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience in software development, IoT systems, Cloud services and agile methodologies.
- Experience in building scalable systems.
- Must have worked with SPA framework (e.g. ReactJS, VueJS or Angular)
- Knowledge of Mobile application development (Prefered tool: Flutter).
- Understanding and knowledge of scaling and proven track record of scaling systems
- Experience profiling and optimizing code on all tiers of an application
- Comfort working on the command line
- Understanding of behaviour-driven development.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management.
- Experience using Cloud infrastructures & services.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Core skills in Scripting (JS, Python, PHP), Mobile (Flutter), Front End (VueJS), Databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB), Cloud (Amazon Web Services), and DevOps (CI/CD).
We’d also like to see:
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- An attribute of grit
- Good communication, strong leadership qualities
- Compliance oriented, good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, task prioritizing and organizational ability
- High level of attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online