Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager, Transitional Police Unit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police.
- Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Office Manager will serve as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for all service and support relating to the PMO, to include the provision of office supplies and consumables.
- The Office Manager will ensure that PMO services and utilities are uninterrupted, to include power generation, cleaning, security, groundskeeping, communication and information technology needs.
- The Office Manager will manage PMO and expat office leases, regularly review expat housing upgrades, and related service agreements. This position reports to the In-Country Project Manager.
- Manage daily administrative and logistical functions, including opening and closing the office.
- Support the In-Country Project Manager to maintain the PMO fully operational, including negotiating and managing utilities contracts for water, electricity, etc.
- Ensure that the project team is fully resourced to carry out their respective job responsibilities.
- Procure and track inventory of office supplies and consumables.
- Maintain list of approved vendors for office supplies, consumables, and other service providers, such as security guards, maintenance, and cleaners.
- Maintain the information and communications technology at the PMO, such as the main phone lines, server, and internet service.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed at the office; conduct regular safety and security drills as required in the Safety Plan.
- Manage petty cash bank and small payments authorized by the In-Country Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the In-Country Project Manager.
- Must have a BA from an accredited university.
- Five years of professional experience in office administration or project management with an international organization.
- Experience with procurement and inventory management.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government regulations highly preferred.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and Windows Operating System.
- Responsible, highly organized, and motivated.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.