Abuja Clinics was established in 1989 as a health institution to provide efficient medical services to the then budding Federal Capital Territory (FCT). From humble beginnings, it has grown into a group of 3 hospitals located in the Karu, Garki, and Maitama districts of the FCT. The group possesses advanced medical equipment to assist its team of highly qualified and dedicated health personnels. This equipment includes but is not limited to the 64-slice CT scan unit, 4D-Ultrasonography, Mammography unit with stereotactic biopsy, and Intra-operative C-arm fluoroscopy allowing for excellent diagnosis and cure. The hospital renders services in all major fields of medicine such as Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Dentistry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Implement procurement policies, processes, and strategies, ensuring plans are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective long-term relationships with existing and potential suppliers in the industry.
- Conduct periodic supplier/contractor performance evaluations for quality improvement and provide/discuss outcomes with suppliers.
- Manage regulatory compliance procedures related to procurement.
- Develop or improve procedures to maintain the efficiency of sourcing operations.
- Identify, negotiate and realize cost-saving initiatives that deliver value in the procurement of goods and services.
- Work with the legal team to negotiate terms of contracts and SLAs.
- Liaise with unit heads to determine their product and service needs and ensure 100% on-time delivery, proactively identify risks, and address issues.
- Deliver stronger control, accuracy, and integrity across core business processes and systems.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends.
- Compile and maintain a purchasing manual.
- Following and enforcing the company’s process.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 2 years work experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processes, policies and systems.
- Proficient computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Performance monitoring and evaluation
- Vision and strategy
- Office administration
- Process development
- Leadership skills
- Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Quality control, and supervision.
Deadline: 30th June, 2022.