Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, (G-ANC) Project
Job Type: Full Time
- The Program manager develops creative and innovative approaches to expand access to the use of quality G-ANC and RMNCH services by the under-served communities.
- She/he will identify technical assistance requirements and coordinate provision to TA so that service providers will tender quality RMNCH services, conduct training needs and equipment/supplies and commodities needs assessment to address the identified needs for improved quality of service delivery and field visits to all project sites to monitor and review project progress.
- Support and strengthen collaborative approach within the project to integrate other services to G-ANC including malaria in pregnancy
- Liaise with relevant Program Officers to facilitate/participate in RMNCAH+N meetings to ensure coordination of G-ANC and related activities with and among all partners
- Give report on capture G-ANC data in quarterly reports
- Plan, conduct and supervise training activities to sub-grantees and service providers.
- Advise the SPM on necessary changes needed to improve quality coverage and acceptance of service.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Experience
- B.Sc in Nursing, RN / RM Degree with extensive Clinical Nursing and Midwifery experience or M.B.B.S Degree.
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in coordinating projects and managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working in diverse fields – RMNCAH+N, Malaria and immunization program.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy
- Good understanding of local language
- Mature, responsible, and able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong interest in RMNCAH community programs.
Competency / Attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Deadline: 18th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the Application Letter as well as three Professional Referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).